Welcome to the Sexual Wellness for Women Podcast – your trusted resource for sexual wellness during menopause and different stages of life. I’m your host, Allie, a board-certified sexologist and certified integrative wellness coach. As I pursue my PhD in mind-body medicine, I’m dedicated to providing you with the knowledge, tools, and support you need to navigate the complexities of sexual wellness.
As a sexologist and integrative wellness coach, I combine scientific knowledge with a compassionate and holistic approach. I believe in the power of mind-body connection and the transformative potential of embracing our unique sexual selves. Together, we’ll navigate through the complexities and debunk myths surrounding sexual wellness during menopause and different life stages.
So, whether you’re in the midst of menopause, perimenopause, or simply seeking guidance on sexual wellness, this podcast is for you. It’s time to prioritize your sexual well-being and embrace the vibrant, confident, and fulfilled woman you are.
Today is Thursday, 7/20/2023 –thank you for tuning in and giving me a listen.
And don’t forget if you like this episode, please give it a 5-star rating, review or share with 3 friends!
WEEKEND WELLNESS TIP: Comfortable Lingerie
Invest in some comfortable and sexy lingerie that makes you feel confident. This can be a fun way to enhance your sexual experiences and boost your self-confidence.
TOPIC: 5 Tips to Navigate the Dating Scene Post-40
I frequently meet women who have been out of the dating game for a long while, typically due to long-term marriages. It’s a common scenario – and it’s okay. There’s no need to worry if you’re feeling overwhelmed about starting over in the dating scene. Here are my top five tips for women over 40 who are ready to dive back into the world of dating.
- Understand Your Wants and Needs Your first step should be a deep dive into self-discovery. Understand what you desire in a new relationship, what qualities are important to you in a partner, and what deal breakers you have. Being clear about what you want can help you avoid wasting time on unsuitable matches.
- Build Your Confidence Dating at any age can be a hit to your self-esteem, and it can be even more intimidating when you’ve been out of the game for a while. Engage in activities that make you feel good about yourself. This could include things like yoga, a new haircut, or picking up a hobby you’ve always wanted to try. The goal is to nourish your self-esteem and bring your best, most confident self to the dating scene.
- Utilize Online Platforms The dating landscape has changed significantly over the years, with online dating playing a significant role. Embrace these changes. Online platforms can be an excellent way for you to meet new people, especially if you’re a bit apprehensive about getting back out there. Remember, it’s all about putting yourself out there and meeting new people. And who knows, your perfect match could just be a swipe away!
- Take it Slow You’ve had many years of experience in a relationship, but this is a new phase in your life. It’s okay to take things slow. Remember, dating should be an enjoyable experience, not a race. Take the time to get to know your potential partners before diving headfirst into a relationship.
- Communication is Key Whether you’re dating online or offline, clear communication is essential. Be honest about your history and what you’re looking for. You don’t have to share everything about your past all at once, but do communicate your expectations for the future. Honesty and transparency will set a strong foundation for any potential relationship.
Remember, there’s no need to rush. Dating after 40, especially post-divorce, is about finding someone who complements you and makes you happy. This journey should be fun, exciting, and enriching. So take a deep breath, stay positive, and remember that every experience is an opportunity to learn and grow. Good luck!
BONUS: Keeping Safe
- Get a virtual number for dating. Google Voice is what I’ve used for years. This way no one can figure out where you live by your phone number.
- For your first date, meet for lunch in a public place. MEET the date there – DO NOT have them pick you up at your home.
- Tell one or two people about your first date – who it is with and where you are meeting.
- Putting drugs in your drink is more common than you think. If you go to the bathroom, take your drink with you and you can finish it before you go into the bathroom. If you get back and there is a new drink – tell them you are tired of that drink and you want something different. Or, “accidentally” knock it over and request a new one. There are straws & other devices that can help you see if your drink is spiked: https://www.amazon.com/DrinkSafe-Date-Rape-Drug-Detection/dp/B0001ZNZYC
- Wear a Flare – a bracelet that can summon help if you are in trouble: https://getflare.com/
Thank you for joining me on this episode of “Sexual Wellness for Women.” If you found the information valuable and enjoyed the discussion, I would truly appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate and review the episode. Your feedback helps me reach more people and spread the message of sexual wellness.
Remember, the more listeners we have, the more people I can help have their “ah-ha” moments when it comes to their sexual well-being. So, please share this podcast with your friends, family, and anyone who can benefit from our discussions.
And speaking of helping others, don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Wisdom. I share even more tips, tricks, and inspiration on these platforms to support you in your journey towards sexual wellness.
Lastly, I want to remind you that you are a wonderful sexual being. Embrace your uniqueness, take care of yourself, and prioritize your sexual well-being. Remember, pleasure and fulfillment are your birthright.
Thank you for tuning in, and I hope you have a passionate week ahead. I’ll catch you next time for more empowering conversations on “Sexual Wellness for Women.”